Ekiti state governor, Ayo Fayose has asked the President’s media person Lai Mohammed and the APC to give Nigerians explanation in regards to the recent Boko Haram attacks in Borno and Adamawa states which claimed not less than 100 lives. Read press statement below: –
Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose has described the Sunday and Monday‘s Boko Haram attacks in Borno and Adamawa States as disheartening and an indictment on the All Progressives Congress (APC) federal government, saying that the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed must explain to Nigerians how the same Boko Haram that he said had been “technically defeated” could carry out such daring and deadly attacks.
The governor, who commiserated with the government and people of Borno and Adamawa States, especially those who lost their loved ones in the attacks, said; “in other countries of the world, the government would have taken responsibility for deceiving and misleading the people and apologised.”
In a release issued by his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, Governor Fayose asked; “If Boko Haram had indeed been technically defeated as Lai Mohammed made Nigerians to believe, what do we call the Sunday and Monday attacks in Maiduguri, Borno State capital and Madagali, Adamawa State? “Should we say that the ”˜technically‘ defeated Boko Haram insurgents attacked Borno and Adamawa States, killing close to 100 Nigerians and injuring several others?
“Only Lai Mohammed who told Nigerians that Boko Haram had been technically defeated can tell us what happened and he must have to explain how ”˜technically defeated‘ insurgents could carry out such deadly attacks.”
Governor Fayose, who urged the APC-led federal government to stop deceiving Nigerians, especially on the Boko Haram insurgency and its anti-corruption fight said; “This governance by deceit must stop. Nigerians deserve to know the truth concerning how they are being governed.”
He challenged the federal government to tell Nigerians how much had been spent on security matters since June, this year, saying; “As it is today, they are just using the anti-corruption fight to shift the attention of Nigerians from their failure to fulfil the promises they made while seeking votes.
They are deceiving Nigerians while diverting Security Vote under the pretence of fighting Boko Haram insurgency. “It has therefore become pertinent that they are told expressly to stop behaving as if they are still the opposition. They should realise that election is over and it is already seven months that they assumed office.”